Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Craftiness Blooms in the Springtime

At the request of my lovely mother in-law my next few posts will be about the things I have been doing with my girls and to prepare for my Primary calling as singing time leader. I don't want people to get the wrong idea of me- I don't always come up with fantastic ideas on my own and when I do it appears someone has already mastered the craft and left pictures or printables for me to either replicate or just simply print out.

Since moving to Illinois which is closer to Dan's family I have learned a lot about independence. Growing up I would procrastinate homework and chores and eventually cry and whine at the last minute before a task was needed to be done. My mother who is naturally very crafty and has lovely handwriting would take over and do a good portion. I have had friends make phone calls for me pretending to be me for I have a terror of phones (thanks panda for the backup). As I have been married to Dan he really likes to see me accomplish things and then reward me with a compliment. Since I have been in Illinois Dan has been dreadfully busy and not able to just jump in to assist when I have a meltdown.
When I accepted my call as Primary Singing Time leader Dan asked if I could do it on my own. I normally am in a co-teaching situation with him (for about three years). I told him to have a little faith in my (inside I was telling myself I have something to prove). Turns out I Love this calling and Heavenly Father makes up for the difference of me not knowing how to lead or understanding notes. I make mistakes but I have decided that the kids will remember the spirit and joy of singing and forget about having to learn a mothers day song in one week because of my oversight.
Now the projects I have been working on lately are everywhere from Rainbow Dash birthday party crafts, learning activities for carli's homeschooling, to singing time preparation/ activities.
since this post is just a update here is a picture of our new family addition... She has been with us foe about two weeks. Her name is Daisy. And she has been wonderful therapy for our whole family. (picture is attached on Facebook since I am on my phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment